Thursday, November 15, 2007

Australian journal ranking - Part II

I feel very proud of myself. I finally took time to write a couple of proposals for the Australian journal ranking. I wrote proposals for the three computational geometry journals (DCG, CGTA and IJCGA) and Algoritmica. I proposed to rank all of them as Tier A journals (categories are A+, A, B, C). This might not be entirely fair, however, if you look at the other journals ranked as Tier A+, A and B I think it's an accurate ranking. A+ only contains three journals from my field: JACM, SICOMP and ACM Transactions of Algorithms, which I think is reasonable. Tier A contains all other decent journals and Tier B and C contains the rest. There is also category U containing journals that haven't been ranked yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment